[en] Art Deco, a decorative style that first came to prominence in the 1920’s, is back in fashion in the world of interior design. It really is the style that is currently trending! Inspired by cubism and futurism art movements and an integral part of Bauhaus art, it is characterized by its use of straight lines, cubed shapes and symmetry applied to both pieces of furniture and accessories. To introduce it into your house you only need to bear in mind these key points:
- Choose wallpaper which uses geometric shapes.
- Use patterns with borders for blankets, cushions and curtains.
- Use intense colours such as black, red, gold and silver.
- Choose textures such as glass, bright fabrics and metallic paints.
- Strategically placed mirrors and lamps with sculptural designs.
- In kitchens and bathrooms choose bright tiles which combine black and white with a touch of red and brown.
- With knobs and handles, such as those that we present to you here and which we manufacture at Viefe®, choose those with a chrome finish and with geometric designs.